Saturday, June 11, 2016

One Page Dungeon Compendium is Here!

The One Page Dungeon Compendium 2016 edition is complete and now available at Drivethru and RPGNow.

I worked on this with Random Wizard, and did my best to keep the style similar to the previous editions, including a cover image by Michael Richards.

One major change to the format is the orientation of the entries within the compendium. Entries that were submitted in a landscape format are now presented this way in the PDF, as opposed to being turned on their sides.

The PDF is bookmarked for ease of navigation, and the winners who submitted links to their blogs or websites to onepagedungeon.info will find these links have been included in the compendium.

I think that many of the submissions have set a new record for minuscule font sizes. I created the PDF in Indesign using 300 dpi .tif files rendered from the submitted PDF entry files. This has resulted in a rather large file size, but I have optimized a version using Acrobat that weighs in at around 25 megabytes.

The compendium is now on sale at Drivethrurpg and Rpgnow following the "pay what you want" price point as established by Random Wizard with the past compendiums.

All profit from the PDF version of the Compendium will also continue to be used to provide prizes for the next One Page Dungeon Contest, another great tradition started by Random Wizard which has helped the contest become self-sustaining in addition to generous support from the sponsors. 

As much as I hate hearing this phrase at work, "feedback is a gift". I was surprised to discover that only three people posted comments/reviews concerning all of the previous editions of the One Page Dungeon Compendium.  However limited this feedback was, I feel that it has helped make this version more user friendly. It is my sincere hope that I receive more feedback for this edition so that the compendiums can continue to improve and evolve.


- Pike

No comments:

Post a Comment